RMCG has led the development of business cases for most of the SDL offset projects to finalise the Murray Darling Basin Plan, in collaboration with trusted partners including Alluvium, DG Consulting and Ecological Associates. These projects include:
- Seven sites in the Victorian Mallee for the Mallee CMA, where we developed proposals for major environmental works and measures
- Two sites in the North Central region at the Gunbower National Park Environmental Works Project and the Guttrum Forest and Benwell Forest Environmental Works Project
- Operating rule changes for the Hume Dam release arrangements, Barmah Millewa Forest Environmental Watering Agreement, and the Hume Dam 6″ release rule
- Three schemes in the lower Murray for the NSW Office of Water: at Locks 8 & 9, Frenchman’s Creek and the Carrs, Cappits and Bunberoo Creek restoration scheme
- Yanco system modernisation: improving the efficiency of water delivery through 600km of creek system at the same time as enhancing ecosystem functionality and social amenity
- Gooragool Lagoon on the Murrumbidgee: where we are negotiating with the landholder and NSW OEH to balance production imperatives with ecosystem values.
In each case RMCG worked with central agencies and local communities to draft practical and targeted business cases to meet the requirements of the assessment guidelines which cover the ecological values of the site, hydrology and environmental water requirements, risk assessment and the costs, benefits and governance arrangement of alternative options.